Vught, Holland- May 24-28, 2017
When: May 24-28, 2017
Where: kloosterhotel ZIN, Boxtelseweg 58, 5261 NE Vught, Nederland
Cost (including food and lodging):
Pre-reg. fee: € 545 (KOF receive a discount of € 50) before April 1, 2017
On-site reg. fee: € 595 (KOF receive a discount of € 50)
Flyer: JPG in Dutch
For more information:
phone: 06-2456 3649
Sponsoring Local Group: Teaching Center Holland – www.summitlighthouse.nl
The Path of the Eastern Adept
Discover the Science of the Spirit
with El Morya and Kuthumi
In 1875, a group of mysterious beings, secluded in the hidden recesses of the Himalayas, began an experiment of momentous impact: to lift a tip of the veil on their vast esoteric philosophy and reveal their existence to the West. They became known as the Adepts, the Mahatmas, or simply the Brothers—and they started a revolution in advanced spirituality that reverberates around the world to this day.
Their best-known spokesmen were Koot Hoomi and El Morya Khan—now known as the ascended masters Kuthumi and El Morya. From their lives in the late 1800s we glean tremendous insights about adeptship. What was being an eastern adept all about? What did they teach? What was their system of testing and training their students? And what was their goal? In this seminar we’ll explore answers to these questions.
But the story of the eastern adepts does not stop there. As ascended beings they urge us to follow in their footsteps and become adepts ourselves—because the world needs it. So what does it take, and where do we start? Attend this seminar and find out!
We are ready to transfer to you blessings and initiations and an impetus for greater life within your temple. I ask you, then, to study all that you know about what the adepts have taught, to do some form of yoga, some form of meditation and to do so with the idea of entering in to new octaves of consciousness.
- The guru/chela relationship seen through the eyes of the Eastern Adepts, with a focus on probation, testing and the deep love between the guru and the chela
- Stages of initiation: an overview and comparison of the systems of East and West
- Selected readings from the Mahatma Letters
- Teachings on the Bhagavad Gita and Narada’s Bhakti Sutras
- Esoteric Buddhism: how the adepts acquired their vast knowledge of the universe
- Meditation instructions and practice sessions
- Introduction to raja yoga
- Pitfalls on the path
- Group project: world service
Dictations (audio/video replays) by: Saint Germain, Mother Mary, Gautama Buddha, El Morya and Lord Maitreya.
Other seminar features: This seminar includes a unique purification ritual called a clearance, and concludes with a chakra blessing.
RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS (available from the SU Online Bookstore through Amazon.com):
- The Mahatma Letters to A. P. Sinnett. transcribed and compiled by A. Trevor Barker (Theosophical University Press)
- How to Know God: The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali. Translated and with commentary by Swami Prabhavananda
and Christopher Isherwood (Vedanta Press)
- El Morya, The Chela and the Path (Summit University Press)
- Jesus and Kuthumi, Prayer and Meditation (Summit University Press)
- The Mahatma Letters to A.P. Sinnett. Transcribed and compiled by A. Trevor Barker (Theosophical University Press)
- C.W. Leadbeater, The Masters and the Path (various ed.)
- The Bhagavad Gita recommended edition: The Song of God—The Bhagavad Gita. Translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood (Vedanta Press)
- The Yoga Sutras or Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali recommended edition: How to Know God – The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali. Translated and with commentary by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood (Vedanta Press)