SUMMIT UNIVERSITY® (www.SummitUniversity.org)
01. Use. SU hereby grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to access and use the Website only for the following purposes:
i. Reviewing text, images and/or multimedia (“Content”) for your own personal, noncommercial use.
ii. Downloading or printing one (1) copy of any text for your own personal, noncommercial use, provided that you retain any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices, symbols and/or legends.
i. Your right to use the Website and any Content therein is personal to you. You agree not to:
3) Attempt to modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise discover the source code of all or any part of the Website or Content; and/or
4) Create or attempt to create derivative works based on the Website or the Content, in whole or in part.
3. Prohibited Uses.
- Infringe or misappropriate any copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property right of any third party;
- Be fraudulent or misleading in any way;
- Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent your identity or the origin of any Content;
- Be pornographic, obscene or immoral;
- Contain any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or any other code manifesting any contaminating or destructive properties;
- Slander, libel or defame any person;
- Violate any person’s right to privacy, present any person in a false light, or misappropriate any person’s right to publicity or right to control the use of his or her own name or likeness;
- Harass or threaten any person, be abusive, or be considered stalking; or
- Involve or promote the use of unsolicited commercial e-mail (“spam”), pyramid schemes, chain letters, or the like.
4. Other Permitted Uses.
5. Linking or Framing.
01. Linking. Linking to any webpage within this Website is subject to the following guidelines:
i. You are expressly prohibited from linking, on external sites, to any online course Content from the login-protected area that you access with your username and password.
ii. You are authorized and encouraged to link to the SU homepage and other public pages from the www.SummitUniversity.org site which do not require login to access. When linking to these pages, please use the words “SummitUniversity®” and other words descriptive of the content as the keywords within the link. Except as SU may specify otherwise in writing, the link must appear in a standard, legible font. No other marks, logos and/or graphics may be used in connection with the link.
iii. The link must not appear in any website or otherwise be used in any way that would cause it to be associated with any deceptive, unlawful, unfair, pornographic, immoral and/or defamatory content and/or activity, nor may it otherwise be used in any way that might tend to injure our reputation or misrepresent any aspect of our activities or any goods or services we may offer.
02. Framing. Except with SU’s express written permission, you agree not to frame any part of the Website on external sites, although you may frame SU Content on your SU course pages. “Framing” means to display all or any part of a webpage within the browser window of another website. You may request permission to frame SU Content by writing to Permissions@SummitUniversity.org. Please include your name, email address, telephone number, the website address(es) where you propose to use SU Content, and a complete description of the Content that you wish to frame.
6. User Accounts.
SU does not assume any obligation to monitor any Content submitted by you or any other user, but reserves the right in its sole discretion to delete, discontinue, block access to, and/or modify any Content provided by you or anyone else, at any time and without notice, without incurring any liability therefor.
9. Submission of Content to our Website.
By providing any Content to the Website, you thereby grant to SU a non-exclusive, fully paid-up license to use said Content for the educational purposes of SU. You represent and warrant that any such Content will not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right, defame anyone, violate anyone’s right of privacy or publicity, or violate any other rights of any third party.
You are completely responsible for all Content posted or submitted by you for inclusion on the Website. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless SU and its officers, directors, employees, agents and/or licensors against and from any and all lawsuits, claims, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), settlements, damages, judgments and the like resulting from, arising out of or otherwise related in any way to your use of the Website and/or any Content provided by you.
11. Disclaimers of Warranties.
- SU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SU HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE, CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND AVAILABILITY.
- SU DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE. FURTHER, SU DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: THE WEBSITE AND ANY CONTENT THEREIN WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE OPERATION THEREOF) OR CONTENT WILL BE ERROR-FREE; OR ALL DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. SU ALSO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT WILL FUNCTION PROPERLY IN COMBINATION WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT. SU DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
- BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NONE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SU ON THE WEBSITE IS AN OFFER OR RECOMMENDATION BY SU TO PROVIDE ADVICE OR SERVICES IN THE FIELDS OF HEALTH CARE, LAW, TAXATION, ACCOUNTING, INVESTING AND/OR PSYCHOLOGICAL OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF COUNSELING.
- SU DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. SU TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH THIS WEBSITE IS LINKED OR THAT PROVIDES A LINK TO THIS WEBSITE.
- SUMMIT UNIVERSITY® IS NOT AN ACCREDITED PROGRAM OR INSTITUTION, AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE ARE FOR PERSONAL GROWTH OR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SUMMIT UNIVERSITY® IN NO WAY SHALL BE CONSIDERED AS CONFORMING WITH ANY EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS OR QUALIFICATIONS PRESCRIBED BY ANY PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, AND THUS SOME PORTION OF THE LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SU’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Limitation of Remedies and Limitation of Liabilities.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER MATTER ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL SU OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND/OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS RESULTING FROM BUSINESS DISRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS, LOST GOODWILL, OR DAMAGE TO SYSTEMS OR DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SU HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, AND THUS SOME PORTION OF THE LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, TSL’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Notification of Copyright Infringement.
It is SU’s policy to fully comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and applicable regulations. Although SU assumes no obligation to police the Website for the presence of materials that may be infringing or are otherwise inappropriate, SU reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or disable access to any content, and SU will terminate the account of a repeat infringer in appropriate circumstances. You may report alleged copyright infringement by sending a notice that complies with the DMCA to SU’s designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement (the “Designated Agent”) at the following address:
Rights and Permissions
63 Summit Way
Gardiner, MT 59030-9314
SU reserves the right to change its Designated Agent without prior notice, subject to the applicable requirements of the DMCA and any applicable regulations.
All notices of alleged copyright infringement should include substantially the following:
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- A description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit SU to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit SU to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or by law.
- A statement, signed by physical or electronic signature, that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
SU’s Designated Agent may request additional information from you.
- PURSUANT TO THE DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY MAKES A MATERIAL MISREPRESENTATION THAT MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, OR THAT MATERIAL WAS REMOVED OR DISABLED BY MISTAKE OR MISIDENTIFICATION, MAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INCURRED BY A SERVICE PROVIDER WHO IS INJURED BY SUCH MISREPRESENTATION, OR BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR LICENSEE, AS THE RESULT OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER RELYING UPON SUCH MISREPRESENTATION IN REMOVING OR DISABLING ACCESS TO SUCH MATERIAL, OR IN REPLACING OR CEASING TO DISABLE ACCESS TO THE MATERIAL.
- Waiver of a breach of or right hereunder will not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent breach or right.
- If any provision herein shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law, and the remaining provisions herein will remain in full force and effect.